健康 & 安全
安全 at work is a fundamental part of 团结在这里’s vision for just workplaces. Too often, working people are put in harm’s way at work. 我们为安全的工作量而战, for workplaces that are free from violence, and for workers to have a voice in guiding safety procedures at their jobs. From joint worker and management safety committees, to our ground-breaking work fighting for health and safety legislation and regulations, 这里的团结要求工作安全.
A few of our recent achievements include winning and enforcing new protections for hotel housekeepers aimed at preventing housekeeping-related injuries in California and drawing attention to and winning changes that address heat stress hazards faced by airline catering drivers.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitality workers’ lives and livelihoods are on the line. 团结在这里 engaged heavily in fighting for health and safety protections for hospitality workers in and beyond our union. This included championing safety legislation, 为增加保护讨价还价, and educating customers about our cleaning standards. 了解更多 about our 干净的接待千赢游戏官网手机版登录 以及我们在拉斯维加斯的分公司 Clean Culinary Campaign.
#Metoo in hospitality
Workplace health and safety must also include strong protections against discrimination and sexual harassment and assault in the workplace.
The hotel and hospitality industry is routinely cited as one of the industries in America with the highest rates of sexual assault or harassment in the workplace. This is due in part to the isolated conditions of hotel housekeeping work, management resistance to taking action against guests that create unsafe and undignified environments, and unequal power dynamics between guests and hotel workers. 团结在这里 hotel and casino workers have been winning protections from workplace sexual assault and harassment for years in contracts and local laws.
- # MeToo:Meet 团结在这里’s “Silence Breakers” from Time’s 2017 Person of the Year
- Hotel Workers’ Union Celebrates Coast-to-Coast Wins for Women
- California Dishwasher Receives $250,000 Settlement in Prominent #MeToo Case
- 团结在这里 Union Honored for Trailblazing Victories Against Workplace Sexual Harassment
- Skift:S. Hotel Industry Commits to Giving Panic Buttons to Workers
- Associated Press:New Jersey mandates panic buttons for hotel room cleaners
- 杂志:Saying #MeToo with the Push of a Button
- The New Republic:Labor Took on “Bad Bosses” Long Before #MeToo