团结在这里 is an organization of working people who believe that one job should be enough to provide for our families. 我们有超过300家公司,000 people across the United States and 加拿大 working in the hospitality industry and beyond, 一直是 fastest growing private-sector union in the United States. 和团结, housekeepers and cooks have achieved middle-class wages and top-notch health insurance in industries often defined by poverty wages and negligible 好处.
UNITE在这里得到了广泛的认可, decades-long track record organizing the people progressives need to vote. And while COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on our members—with 98% laid off during the Spring 2020 peak of the pandemic and a slow recovery anticipated for the hospitality industry—during the 2020 presidential election 团结在这里 ran the largest union door-to-door canvassing operation in the United States.
这花了几十年的时间来组织, 游行, 为了赢得高薪而罢工, 好处, and dignity on the job we’ve earned for ourselves and our families. We boldly took back what’s ours by winning two Senate seats in Georgia in the heart of the South—just as we took back the Presidency through our hard work in Nevada, 亚利桑那州, 宾西法尼亚, 和佛罗里达.
在大流行之前, we made a commitment to build on proven GOTV successes in regions across North America because Donald Trump had failed us. 随着大流行的蔓延,instead of supporting working people in the form of expanded unemployment 好处, 健康保险保护, and swift response to control spread of the virus, Trump and his cronies bailed out corporations.
团结在这里 made a critical difference that helped drive the unprecedented turnout of the 2020 presidential election and the 2021 Georgia Senate races because we need people in power who are committed to working with us 让我们的工作场所变得更好, 保护我们的工会健康保险, 实现移民改革, 勇敢地面对性骚扰, 并采取有意义的, transformative steps to dismantle the scourge of systemic racism in our country.
这是我们“夺回2020”运动的一部分, 1,700 canvassers knocked on the doors of three million voters in Nevada, 亚利桑那州, 宾西法尼亚, 和佛罗里达. 团结在这里继续这一势头与我们 拿回 参议院 运动, where laid-off hospitality workers joined the team that turned Georgia blue to help deliver come-from-behind wins in the January 2021 Georgia Senate runoffs..
- 3 million doors were knocked by 团结在这里 canvassers in Nevada, 亚利桑那州, 宾西法尼亚, 和佛罗里达
- 462,135 infrequent voters pledged to vote for Biden/Harris via a conversation with a 团结在这里 canvasser
- Over two-thirds of our conversations were with voters of color
- 10 million phone numbers were dialed by 团结在这里 phone bankers
- 1.5 million doors were knocked by 团结在这里 canvassers in Georgia
- Each day union members had 15,000 face-to-face conversations with voters about 参议院 runoffs
- 团结在这里 identified and made voting plans with 250,000 voters who supported Warnock/Ossoff
“It’s Raining Change in Georgia”: On the Road With the Candidates Who Could Turn Congress Upside Down